Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Taking Classes in Other Northwestern Schools

Weinberg College students can enroll in many classes offered by other schools at Northwestern. You can take individual classes that interest you, and you can also choose to complete a minor, certificate, or concentration in another school.

You must complete at least 34 units of credit in Weinberg College disciplines, which means you can count a maximum of 11 units of credit from other schools of the University toward the 45 units required for the bachelor's degree. The following rules also apply:

Students pursuing teaching certification through the School of Education and Social Policy are granted exceptions to the 34-unit minimum to accommodate courses taken toward the requirements in these areas. Contact your College Adviser for details.

Other students who think they can demonstrate a compelling and extraordinary need to apply more than 11 units of credit from outside Weinberg College disciplines towards the 45 units required for the degree should contact their College Adviser or the Assistant Dean for Curriculum and Assessment.

For additional details see Number of Weinberg College Courses in the Undergraduate Catalog.

Back to top