Skip to main content
Northwestern University

Weinberg College Advisers

The Office of Undergraduate Studies and Advising is your first stop for Weinberg College Advising. It's a place to go whenever you want to talk about academic issues, about what courses to take or what major to select, about your progress on degree requirements, about problems you're having or special opportunities you're thinking about exploring, and about any other academic concern you may have. It's also a place to go when you're unsure of where to turn for advice. If we're not the right people for you to see, we can usually tell you who is. The OUSA coordinates the work of fall quarter seminar-linked advisers, Weinberg College Advisers and Department and Program Advisers. Contact the OUSA and learn more.

Contact a College Adviser

Most Weinberg students are assigned to a College Adviser in the winter quarter of the first year and work with that person until they graduate.  Students who transfer in to Weinberg from other schools or Universities are assigned to a College Adviser as part of their welcome to the College. College Advisers are faculty members who hold regular advising hours each week and see students by appointment.

The best way to think of your College Adviser is as a generalist (your department adviser is more like a specialist).

It is important to know that your College Adviser is also there if you are having difficulties, academic or otherwise, at Northwestern.  Your adviser is there to help you solve problems, navigate the university, find the support you need and to be your advocate in the College.

Back to top